Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Month of Thanks.....magnify Him


A Month of Thanks; identifying at least one thing/day to give thanks.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


November 29 - 30, 2013

I am a day late with blogging my last post for A Month of Thanks. Doing this blog series was a very good thing for me. While the effect has not been huge, I have noticed a change in how I appreciate my days. I not hyper about it, but I have been keeping track of moments that have caused me to be thankful. This purposeful and intentionally mindset to note my thanks in my Note app on my phone - even if it was upon reflection of my day - has started to create a more thankful heart within me. Even on those days that were not fun at all, I managed to find something to be thankful for, and that thankfulness helped with taking the edge off those rough days.

Because I have noticed that intentionally noting my thankfulness has helped me to focus away from me and towards others...towards God...I have decided to try and keep this going. Not exactly sure how; probably a weekly blog post or so, and maybe I will keep either an online or paper journal too.


I am thankful for...


66. A good day at work; Friday went smoothly.


67. For my patient on Saturday; a smooth and quick delivery.


68. A car with a full tank of gas; Robert surprised me,and filled up my gas tank while I was at work. It was low driving in, and I would have had just barely enough to get home. I was very surprised and thankful to see the gas gauge reading full when I started to drive home at 8pm Saturday night.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


" I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving." (Psalm 69:30 ESV)








2 comments:

DMV said...

That is one very nice and special guy!!! I am thankful for him also in my life.

Kelly Rogers said...

How nice that he filled up your car for you! I am the worst with always being down the crunch. Especially now that winter is setting in. I will avoid it.. A lot..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin