Monday, November 25, 2013

A Month of Thanks.....Ten days

 


A Month of Thanks; identifying at least one thing/day to give thanks.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


November 16-25, 2013


Ten days have come and gone. Ten days of many happenings. Ten days of ups and downs. Ten days with much thankfulness.


These last several days, I have been thankful for...


40. My Bible; I really love my Bible that my sister gifted to me for Christmas 1999. It is starting to fall apart (Genesis - Numbers 21 falls out). This makes me a bit sad to have to start over fresh in a new Bible sooner than later. Until later comes about, I am thankful for this NIV Bible.


41. My early morning quiet time; reading my Bible first thing starts my day off far better than when I don't read it.


42. Coffee; easy access to the coffee that I like. My first cup of good coffee in the morning is important to me.


43. My job; I really do like what I do but sometimes I have to remind myself of that and be thankful that I do have a job {especially when I am going through a funk of wishing that I did not need to work}


44. a healthy delivery of a newborn.


45. a storm that did not wreck havoc to our home or loved ones. {although, we do have a big tree limb that crashed down onto our fence. Repairs needed. Tree needs to be taken down. Strangely, I am not worried about how to fund that cost}.


46. Isaiah smoothly getting ready for school and getting on the bus in the morning. Much better than last Fall. The afternoon ride home is rocky.


47. Elizabeth; she helps out immensely with Isaiah. In small ways and big ways. The morning of November 18, she was of a huge help in diverting a potential getting dressed issue.


48. Breakfast; I love that I am afforded the ability to have plain Greek yogurt, frozen fruit (berries, mango, etc) and almond butter. And now, have added plain Oatmeal into the mix. Yum.


49. 1 Timothy 4:4 - "For everything God created is good..."


50. Isaiah 43 - Do not fear, He knows me by name, He will protect, He loves me, He is with me, He forgives my sins...blots them out.


51. As good as realistically could be expected; Isaiah's part one of his evaluation.


52. Calm of the drive into work


53. Sunday family day; church and dinner


54. Snow; it's beautiful


55. Walking; a good alternative to running and bike riding.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." (Philippians 4:6 ESV)








1 comment:

DMV said...

Many blessings to be thankful for, Deanna.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin