A Month of Thanks; identifying at least one thing/day to give thanks.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
November 2-3, 2013
The weekend always seems to come upon me all too quickly. I don't really look forward to Saturdays. Even so, this weekend brought several reasons for a thankful heart. It was FULL of small moments of gratitude.
Saturday was a good day; the several Saturdays prior were quite chaotic. Calm and peace was very much welcomed yesterday. This morning, at church, a good thing - worship and fellowship with others - truths spoken, songs resonate, and others sharing thoughts/perspectives/examples encourages. I walk away from Sunday communion with God renewed, refueled, convicted, and ready to take on the day and week.
Today, I am thankful for...
7. Saturday morning drive into work; something about the drive on Saturday makes it a peaceful one. Helps to start the day in the right mind frame.
8. A job that I like; if I have to be away from home, at least I am doing something that I like (more times than not).
9. Friends; good conversations.
10. Early Sunday morning Classic Service; I am going to miss this service while it's on hiatus during the holiday season.
11. Hymns. I've come to discover that I absolutly love hymns. They are lyrically rich, and always touch me in some way.
12. Pastor Todd; I appreciate greatly his ability to impart God's Word. The teaching he delivers always make some sort of impact with me. From class, I have come to feel that he is personable and easy to approach with questions, thoughts, comments. I also appreciate how well he is able to bring a person to the scriptures when discussing or answering a question. He seems to be able to do this with ease; a result of being in God's Word himself (I am thinking).
13. "Behold the Lamb" sung by the VCG Ensemble; beautiful. (John 1:29)
14. Holy Communion; there is a specialness to the symbolic rememberance of Christ - His sacrifice.
15. Robert; early morning breakfast that he made, and playing with Isaiah and Grace so that I can have some peace.
16. A beautiful day; weather and the colors which were inviting for a nature walk...a run.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And when He had given thanks, He broke it and said 'This is my body, which is for you; do this in rememberance of me.' " (1 Corinthians 11:24 NIV)